Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Word Wednesday #74

8 Behold, I go forward, but He is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive Him:
9 On the left hand, where He doth work, but I cannot behold Him: He hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see Him:
10 But He knoweth the way that I take: when He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
(Job 23:8-10)

So often, we want to see God at work, feel Him working. But we don't have to see evidence of God to know that He is there, working in our hearts and lives, according to the promises in His Word. As the next verses indicate, we must continue in God's way and commandments even if we "feel" no change.

11 My foot hath held His steps, His way have I kept, and not declined.
12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of His lips; I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.
(Job 23:11-12

Share a verse that God has given you today or copy the button if you'd like to join in Word Wednesdays with your blog!

 
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...