Saturday, September 5, 2015

Learning to See Creatively | Book Review

Before I finished this book, I had my camera in hand and was outside taking pictures. Though I am not inclined to be an abstract photographer, the tips in this book were very helpful and got my wheels turning.

Peterson comes from his thirty-plus years of experience to address Expanding Your Vision, Elements of Design, Composition, The Magic of Light, and Photoshop. His style is very rounded out, from traditional landscapes to modern abstract photographs. The books is full of beautiful images and informative text. Though I have read through the book once, I know that I will refer back to it several times to study different images and his camera settings.

Negatives:

Being a secular photography book, there were a few images that I decided to cover up before my brothers would see the book (I actually was surprised that there were only 6-10). There were also some words that my family views as "bad words." 

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


~*~*~*~
For the fun of it...
Here are some pictures I snapped after reading portions of the book. What I was specifically working on was seeing colors and contrast. Another thing that I have put on my list to work on is take my time while capturing in image.

All images completely unedited.











What is something you've done this week? Either learning a new craft or honing one that you've already begun?

2 comments:

Shelby said...

These pictures are beautiful!!! What kind of camera do you use? That book looks really interesting. I might check it out! Thank you for letting us know about the "bad words"! :)

Amanda Tero said...

Thanks, Shelby!

My camera is a Canon Digital Rebel T3i.
The lens I used for these pictures is a Tamron 28-75mm.

It's definitely a useful, informative book!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Amanda

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves, to think anything as of ourselves, but our sufficiency is of God;" 2 Corinthians 3:5

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...