Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Word Wednesday #73

"He hath fenced up my way that I cannot pass, and He hath set darkness in my paths." Job 19:8

How often does this seem to be my way--dusky, unclear? And yet, as we look at Job's life, it was but for a season. Though my way may seem dark now, I must not be discouraged but continue seeking the Lord until He sheds light on my path.


Share a verse that God has given you today or copy the button if you'd like to join in Word Wednesdays with your blog!

 
 


3 comments:

Kenzi said...

Hadn't ever thought about that in Job's trial before, but how true. Thanks for sharing!

"Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh" ~ James 5:7-8

Often it's easy for us to become discouraged when the fruit of our labor is slow in coming. But these verses remind us to be patient because 1) the Lord will send the rain in due season and 2) the coming of our Lord is near. Blessed is the man who does not grow weary and trusts God to send the rain when He is ready.

Janell said...

Thanks, Amanda, this was a timely reminder!

Amanda Tero said...

@ Kenzi - great reminder. Wow, I need that!

@ Janell - thanks for stopping by and linking up! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...