Monday, September 7, 2015

Psalm 119:61-62

Psalm 119:61-62
(61)  The bands of the wicked have robbed me: but I have not forgotten thy law.

There is no excuse to forget God's law. When trials come, it should not bring us further from God's law, it should not cause us to doubt God, but bring us closer. What is the difference? Some people forget God's law - that He warns us we'll suffer trials and tribulations ("My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." James 1:2-4). They forget that God promises rewards to those who endure ("Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." James 1:12). Those few verses should help us to stay focused not on the enemy or the trials we're facing, but on God, Who is sufficient through our trials.

(62)  At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments.

Here is another "night" mentioned. What am I doing at midnight? If I awaken in the middle of the night, do I turn my thoughts immediately to God in thanksgiving? Do my thoughts go to His Word?


The perfect example of midnight worship is Paul and Silas: "And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed." (Acts 16:25-26)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...