Saturday, September 19, 2015

For What Cause?


Sanding mud on Sheetrock gives one plenty of time to think. The monotonous back-and-forth of the sanding block takes very little mental exertion so, if you aren't driven crazy by the constant scratching, you can get a lot done in the brain store.

On one of the days that I was sanding, my mind was pondering different ideas for my blog (come on, bloggers--we all must admit that running a blog isn't quite as easy as eating three meals in a day). As I was praying, the Lord brought one question to mind, "For what cause?" It stopped me for a moment. Even though my goal in beginning a blog was to encourage Christian girls, had my goal shifted? Instead of using my blog for Christ's glory, was I instead using it to showcase "my" skills and achievements? Hmm...

It is beneficial to stop sometimes and seek the answer to one word: M-O-T-I-V-E. What is my motive in writing this? What is my motive in sharing this? What is my motive in blogging? What is my motive in commenting? What is my motive in ________? (you fill in the blank)

I do not believe that it is wrong to share the fruit of my labor here, a reflection of the gifts that God has given me...but what is my motive? The praise and "wows" of men? or that I may further glorify God? For what cause am I sharing it? I needed that reminder.


"If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...