Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Recitals and Music Video

I know it's late for a post today, but after two evenings of recital, I wasn't ready to schedule things quite yet last night. So here you have it... a late Wednesday music post.

First off... recitals!
This year, I divided my music studio into two recitals. Violin...


And piano...


Not all of my students were able to come to recitals (this late it ran into summer programs). Both recitals went amazingly well and everyone did so great! I don't remember a moment when someone completely froze, unable to go forward in their piece. It just might have been my best recitals yet.

Now... I've already done a WAJN video of "Joshua Fit de Battle" but it's much more fun to see things played in person. Three of my sisters played "Joshua" for recital so now you can see live-action trio.



Have you ever been a part of a musical ensemble? Trio, duet, other?

4 comments:

Sharon K. Connell said...

What a joyful bunch "fiddlin' around" and "ticklin' the ivories."

Yes, I was part of a bluegrass gospel band while going to Bible School, and for a long time, my daughter and I would travel around singing while I played the guitar and she played the flute. She was alto and I soprano. Miss those good times.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the recitals. Every one looks so happy and dressed so lovely.
Marilyn

englishmysteriesblog said...

I grew up playing the piano and the violin, so I used to play duets with my grandmother...she played the piano and I played the violin. :)

Amanda Tero said...

Thanks so much for all of your comments! We did have a wonderful time at recital! It was fun to hear what instruments y'all have played!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...