Friday, June 23, 2017

FLF 6.23.17 | Promise Me This

I stood at my bookshelves for a while, deciding which book to pull for this First Line Friday. I landed on Cathy Gohlke's Promise Me This which is a Titanic and WWI story. This one I got through Tyndale Rewards program (basically, you earn points then spend them on books--if you sign up with my link, they'll give you a bonus 25 points!). You may read my full review of the book here. For now, I'll just share the first line.



"The great ship returned late from her sea trials beyond 
the shores of Carrickfergus, needing only her sea papers, 
a last-minute load of supplies, and the Belfast mail 
before racing to Southampton."
(Promise Me This by Cath Gohlke)



~*~*~
Also, be sure to hop along to all of these other blogs and see what First Lines they have to share!
Please note that I may not fully endorse all of the books that these bloggers read or the content in these blogs.

Rachel - Bookworm Mama
Lauraine - Lauraine's Notes
Andi - Radiant Light
Robin - Robin's Nest
Kathleen - Kathleen Denly
Trisha – Joy of Reading
Jeanette – CJane Read


12 comments:

Fiction Aficionado said...

I have this on my Kindle and haven't gotten around to reading it yet! *sigh*

I have the first line from Kara Isaac's AMAZING new release "Then There Was You" on my blog, but the first line I'm sharing here is from Kara Swanson's recent release, "The Girl Who Could See". (It must be a Kara kind of day!)

"On television crime shows, they never tell you how cold it is."

Unknown said...

So many books to read!


I'm sharing from a book I just finished a couple days ago, Mistakenly Married by Victorine Lieske: "Penny wrung her hands and walked to the back of the room."

Caryl Kane said...

Sounds like a wonderful story!

Suzie shivered at Carson Snotte's words, not the March air with its hint of lingering winter. Barely Above Water by Gail Pallotta

Becky said...

Never heard of that book or author. I will have to check her out.

My first line is from Sweetbriar Cottage by Denise Hunter: "There was nothing like a letter from the IRS to stop a man in his tracks."

Trisha said...

I remember reading that book, it was good.

I'll share a different line here than the one on my blog, just to keep things interesting! Last night I started reading Amber Lynn Perry's new book "So Pure a Heart".
"Alone, Hannah Young stared at the dirt-covered mound as the chilled air breached the warmth of her heavy cloak."

Andi said...

I won this one in a giveaway, it's one of my favorites. I love any story around the Titanic. Happy Friday!

1bgpayne said...

From a book, I finally got to read from my TBR list.
The little hairs on the back of Allegra Spencer's neck stood at attention.
First line from Count Me In by Mikal Dawn

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

Oh, Titanic. The 16 year old in me will forever be enthralled with that story. Happy Friday!

Kathleen Denly said...

Beautiful cover! Happy Friday!

englishmysteriesblog said...

This looks like a great book! Reminds me of the setting of Downton Abbey. :) Happy Saturday!

Beth Erin said...

This book is on my tbr shelf! I hope to read it (some day!)

Amanda Tero said...

@ Fiction Aficionado - Haha! Yes, I have too many of those "on my Kindle to read someday."

@ C.J. - Wow... that whole title and first line... interesting!

@ Caryl - thanks for sharing your first line!

@ Becky - I hope you do! :)

@ Trisha - I want to read Amber Lynn Perry someday! I have all of her books on my Kindle!

@ Andie - that's great! :)

@ Andrea - good first line!

@ Sarah - haha! Know what you mean!

@ Kathleen - thanks for stopping by!

@ English Mysteries - hmm... it just may be similar

@ Beth - I hope you enjoy it when you finally get to it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...