Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Vlog: Will There Be a Book Three in Tales of Faith?

Will there be a book three?
Short video for today!


But I'm still back behind in book two... ;) "The Secret Slipper" is still on tour!! Here are the blogs Lia and Raoul have been featured at in the past few days...

Zerina Blossom's Books
"Once upon a time … there was a girl named Cinderella. You all know the story, but I bet you haven’t heard it told quite like this. There is no prince charming, no ball, and definitely no romance. Rather, there is a little, crippled girl kidnapped while her father, the King’s brother, is fighting in a war. Ten years later, her father learns she is still alive but only has her specially-made slipper to track her down with. Cute, right? Father-daughter love is beautiful." Read more...

O'Scarlett Reviews
"The rags-to-riches story of redemption is ever so much stronger and more powerful when it's the father stepping in for his daughter than it is when it's a love interest that the girl meets for the first time in a rushed ball. Amanda tells her stories without shame for her faith, and the story of redemption is told clearly, even as it's shown. The characters are diverse and interest, with many different motives and struggles." Read more...
Kendra also featured it on her blog, Knitted by God's Plan.

Alicia G. Ruggieri's blog
"Amanda Tero’s new novella The Secret Slipper is not forced, trite, or unoriginal. It hinted just enough at the original fairytale to bring a smile to my face when I made connections between this story and its inspiration, yet it had such an independent, confidently-told plot of its own that The Secret Slipper held my interest until the very last page." Read more...

His Princess Warrior
"I loved everything about this book, but I appreciate that Amanda wrote Lia in such a way that I could intimately empathize with her. As someone who already knows Christ, I knew the answers to her questions and doubts and "whys?!" all along. As Christians, we often know the right answers in our heads, but when bad things happen-- and then continue to get worse instead of getting better-- we often let feelings of anger, abandonment, bitterness, and fear well up in our hearts and overtake them. We have sooo many legitimate feelings/questions we want to ask of God and church leaders but "know better" than to ask. Throughout the course of the story, we experience these feelings with Lia (all the legitimate unfairness of her situation) and, in response, we receive one of the most exquisite explanations of salvation I have ever read. But I loved that we were allowed to experience those "forbidden" emotions with Lia-- and given such a beautifully crafted but accurate answer in response." Read more...

Once Upon an Ordinary
"The Raoul, Jolin, Galien team was very dynamic, which made for some fun exchanges and good lessons. Bioti? She made my blood boil. I thought she was horrid when she was first introduced, but she just got worse and worse. I knew exactly what she meant to do when she told Lia to keep driving. Poor girl. *sniffs*" Read more (plus an interview!)...

Penumbra Reviews
"I said it before but I have to say it again the characters were epic. They were just so real and emotional and I’m going to go flail around on the ground for an hour because they were so lovely. I loved Lia’s entire outlook and how real it was." Read more...

Peculiar Miss Darcy
"Although I loved the main characters, my favorite character was Jolin, the closest friend of Raoul (also known as Lord Kiralyn). I’m delighted to be able to interview him here today. I hope you enjoy his answers as much as I did." Read the interview here...

Book spotlight on...

Another interview on...

I am blown away by all of these ladies' sweet words!!! I would love it if you hopped over to their blogs and left them a comment! <3

2 comments:

Polaris Northstar said...

So cool! Totally looking forward to reading these books!
By the way, I LOVE Frozen (yes I know its a Disney fairytale retelling, and magical, but I loved the love the sisters had for each other)! ... just an idea ;)

Amanda Tero said...

@ Polaris - and now you get to read them! :D Well, at least books one and two. ;) We'll see when book three comes out. I haven't seen Frozen (because of the magic) but I somewhat know the storyline. :) The sisters' love is a good plot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...