Monday, May 8, 2017

Scripture Graphics #38

What a good example for us to follow! How many things -- even "good things" -- do we jump into without first seeking God? Do we think we should prosper, if we have *not* begun with seeking God?

It doesn't matter how often I read this verse, I always need the reminder. What I need wisdom for today may not be what I needed wisdom for yesterday, yet when I ask God, He is always faithful to supply the wisdom I need.

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:25
I know that I need the reminder to step back and evaluate what I'm letting come out of my mouth (and texts and emails, letters, blog posts, etc.). Are the words I'm saying building others up, or sending sparks? There is no excuse of, "Well, no one listens to me anyway." Someone is listening. What are they hearing?


We will always battle with our flesh, but "He giveth more grace!" With every struggle we face, God is there to give us His help, if we seek Him in humility.


Now it's your turn! What's a verse you read this past week?

2 comments:

Sarah Holman said...

My family and I are reading through the Bible chronologically. Yesterday I read Psalm 27, a favorite. Verse 1 has always been a verse that I love:
The LORD is my light and salvation - whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Amanda Tero said...

@ Sarah - I've not read through the Bible chronologically yet, though I've heard of it a lot. I usually just read through the books one at a time (I have a chart to check off so I can read through the entire Bible and then start over). Psalm 27 is a beautiful passage. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...