Monday, May 22, 2017

Scripture Graphics #40


If my heart is FIXED (set up) to sing and give praise, then unplanned events or people's words should not "ruin my day." If my heart is set on singing and praising God, then no matter what comes my way, I will be able to rejoice. The question, then, is: is my heart fixed?


This verse is situated in the middle of verses of trouble, enemies, and crying out to God. Never is there an excuse to stop seeking God.


"Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it. Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people." Deuteronomy 4:5-6
We see this truth throughout Scripture: wisdom and understanding is directly linked to how diligently one keeps God's Word. It's not just about knowing God's Word, but about doing it.



What a beautiful thought: that no matter what happens, God Himself holds our soul in life and keeps us from moving. If that alone doesn't make us want to praise Him more!!

What verse has been a good reminder for you this week?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...