Monday, January 22, 2018

Scripture Graphics #76


And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art: Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou. (Genesis 41:1, 39-40)
A lot can happen in just two years. In two years, Joseph could have become calloused against God in bitterness. He could have decided it wasn’t worth giving credit to God for his wisdom (after all, the last dreams he interpreted only kept him in prison). But here we see evidence of him staying faithful to God—and being rewarded about 700 days later. When it’s hard to stay faithful, we need to remember the testimonies of others before us.


And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt? And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain. (Exodus 3:11-12)
God didn’t answer Moses’ question of “Who am I?” Instead, He reassured Moses of His presence, faithfulness, and ability. It is never important who we are, or what our ability are. It is always important that we follow our powerful, mighty God.


And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt. Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron, and said, Intreat the LORD, that he may take away the frogs from me, and from my people; and I will let the people go, that they may do sacrifice unto the LORD. (Exodus 8:7-8)
The magicians could repeat some of the acts of God, but never could they undo the miracles.


And thou shalt shew thy son in that day, saying, This is done because of that which the LORD did unto me when I came forth out of Egypt. And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt. (Exodus 13:8-9)
The Passover was a memorial—an opportunity for parents to testify to their children of God’s deliverance, and by so doing, they would be inclined of gratitude to keep God’s law. We have every reason to do the same with salvation. Every Sunday (by going to church) is not too often to purposefully remember God’s deliverance of us, to testify it to others, and to be reminded of the merciful God Whose Word we should be inclined to keep.

What reminders have you had from God's Word this week?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...