Monday, August 28, 2017

Scripture Graphics #54


This Psalm is full of reasons to praise God. For example, He hears us (vs. 1, 6-7), He preserves our soul (vs. 2), He is merciful to us (vs. 3, 5, 13, 15, 16), He is good (vs. 5), He is ready to forgive (vs. 5)…I counted seventeen reasons to praise God in this Psalm alone. 
How many can you find?


If my God is powerful enough to calm the tempest (which can destroy ships), how much more can He calm the raging of my heart, when I trust in Him?




In God, we are fully protected. The latter part really stood out to me: His truth is our shield and buckler. There is protection—coverage, shielding—in God’s truth.


It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night, Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound. For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands. O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep. (Psalms 92:1-5)

3 comments:

Ryana Lynn said...

What a good reminder! We do have so much to praise Him for!

Read this morning from Joshua 1&2. Four times, if you count "be not afraid", Hod yells him to be courageous. As children of God we should be courageous for the cause of Christ. What a good reminder!

Anonymous said...

I think I found 17, too.

Yesterday our pastor said a fraise that stood out to me and I thought I'd share it. He said "God loves us, because He loves us". There is no other reason. Nothing we can do will make Him love us or hate us. He loves His Own and there is nothing man can do to take His people out of His hands.

In Christ
Kayla

Amanda Tero said...

@ Ryana - beautiful reminders! Joshua is one of my Dad's favorites, so he's preached on Joshua 1 several times. ;)

@ Kayla - that is such a beautiful, reassuring thought!! Makes me think of the latter half of Romans 8. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...