Monday, January 2, 2017

Scripture Graphics 20


 (yes, I designed two with the same verses)



I love this testimony of Amos. The Lord took him from where he was faithfully doing what he was supposed to do, and called him to prophesy. I think today, so many people want to "do big things" for God that they neglect to stay faithful to do what He currently has them to do.

'

This verse hit me in a new way this morning. I was pressed for time and couldn't do my devotions like normal -- you know, get "my list" checked off in my preferred time. Then I ran across this verse. Though it applies to walks of life and possessions, it applied to me. Was I coveting others' "freer" time? Was I content to take a different approach to my devotion-time than usual? God is God and He is faithful when I seek Him -- that faithfulness is not contingent upon "if I read so many chapters" or "say so many memory verses." It is not an excuse to neglect devotions, but His grace is sufficient--He doesn't leave me in the busy days.


When we reach the lowest point, when our soul faints, what is our response? Do we go to friends -- or to God? Do we ask others to pray -- or do we pray ourselves?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...