Thursday, January 19, 2017

Paper, Scissors... Cards!

It's that time of the year... The Christmas gifts are moved from around my desk to their respective places and it's time to write thank-you cards.

I know that writing thank-you cards are probably a little old-fashioned for some people, but I really like doing it (to the point of being a little perplexed that I can't send one to my friend overseas due to her location). If you want to read a post about my perspective of writing thank-you notes, I wrote one last year: "Why I Don't Write Thank-You Notes." ;)

Sometimes, I get to feeling a little crafty. Last year, I created a few printable thank-you notes. But this year, with more space (having moved into our new home) and a little more time (since we're not building), I took a few evenings to make some hand-made cards. It was like rediscovering a lost love. I enjoyed it so much! You'll see a decided musical theme for my cards. ;) I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Music just makes a really good substance for cards -- and, music is so me. :) 

Have you ever made cards? What are your favorite things to use?

Now for the cards (excuse the pictures... I didn't feel like being fancy here and just took snap-shots)...




























4 comments:

Kelly-Anne ♥ The Diary of a Country Girl said...

Oh, what pretty cards, Amanda! I know each person to receive one of your lovely handmade cards will be ever so touched! I love how you incorporated music into almost all your cards... My sister is music obsessed too - it is truly wonderful!

Ah...card making is so refreshing indeed! I also made some cards this week...so wonderful to create! It has been far too long since I last did some paper crafting...

Blessings and love on this glorious day!
Kelly-Anne

Amanda Tero said...

@ Kelly-Anne - thank you very much! :) I love hearing about other card-makers out there. :) Have you experimented with other paper crafts? (I have not...)

Anonymous said...

Those cards are so beautiful. And the snap-shots look really good to me.

Last year, Mama and I really got into paper quilled card making. It is so relaxing making each little piece and then putting everything together. I love seeing things come to life. I do a lot of flower designs, but I have recently looked into bugs, birds and a few other things, too.

In Christ,
Kayla

Amanda Tero said...

@ Kayla - thank you!
Oh! Paper quilling! My older sister did those for a little while. I never attempted it, but it looks so amazing!!!! I'd love to see pics some day of yours. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...