Friday, January 6, 2017

Made for a Purpose | Book Review

31248647

This is an adorable children’s book exploring how God gave the beavers, ducks, frogs, woodpeckers, turtles, fish, and chipmunks different and special features – for a specific purpose. Using the animals as an illustration, Ms. Wilde brings the words back to the reader, how God has a specific purpose for them. The book is written in simple terms that even the youngest child would understand and the message is presented perfectly.

I loved the creativity of the text. For example, for the duck’s “webbed feet,” an illustration of ducks’ feet formed the “W.” Small things like that are sprinkled throughout the entire text of the book. I read this with my youngest sister (age 7), and we had fun pointing out all of the ways that Ms. Wilde connected the words to the picture.

I am not an artist, but I fully appreciated the watercolors that Ms. Wilde drew. The full-color book was delightful to flip through – the book was passed around my family and we all flipped through it several times the day I got it. The illustrations give more of an in-depth view of nature (being able to see the top of the water as well as underneath), which I enjoyed.


Definitely a five-star here. I would recommend this to any family.

*I was provided a complimentary copy of this book by the author/publisher for my honest review*


You may purchase your own copy of this book on Amazon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Amanda, for that wonderful review! I'm so glad your family enjoyed my book, Made for a Purpose.

I'm happy to say I'm about to start the next book in this series which will be about how God loves us, using various animals to illustrate the message.

Blessings,
Kristie Wilde

Amanda Tero said...

You are very welcome, Kristie! :) Your next book sounds wonderful! :)

Unknown said...

Hi again Amanda,

I wanted to let you know my next book, So Great a Love, will be available on BookCrash soon.
I hope you'll keep on the lookout for it : )

Kristie Wilde

Amanda Tero said...

Hey Kristie! Thanks for stopping by! I'll definitely keep my eye out!! Great title. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...