Thursday, May 31, 2018

Countdown to Release: 8 Days, How Many Words?

The author in me is always interested in other authors' word-counts. Usually when I write a story, I just write until the idea's out. However, for "Quest for Leviathan," I wanted to write at least 4,000 words so that it would be well above the flash-fiction category, but I didn't think I had a novella-suitable idea. Sure enough, it totaled at...


Which of course, I realize after-the-fact that if I had added JUST one more word, we'd have an even 4, 350. But I don't notice these things until too late. ;)

How does "Quest for Leviathan" line up in my short-story word counts?
Letters from a Scatter-Brained Sister - 7,000+ words
Quest for Leviathan - 4,300+ words
Coffee Cake Days - 3,250+ words
Hartly Manor - 3,000+ words
Letter of Love - 2,900+ words
Maggie's Hope Chest - 2,700+ words
Noelle's Gift - 2,700+ words
Peace, Be Still - 2,600+ words

That makes it my second-longest short story.

2 comments:

Lauren C said...

:D I've enjoyed your countdown posts! Lots of cool ideas! And yes! It might just be a writer thing, but I love knowing how many words something is. ;) Now I won't have to wonder about how many there are in Quest for Leviathan. Congratulations on your newest release!

Amanda Tero said...

Thanks, Lauren! :) Haha! Yes, I'm the same with word counts. ;) Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...