Monday, November 6, 2017

Scripture Graphics #64


Even as a recipient of reproof we have a responsibility…to be receptive, teachable, pliable. When we cease being these things, we are in great danger.


Part of being a virtuous woman is not just being busy, but being discerning. Whether it is producing merchandise or purchasing it, she perceives that it is good—she cares about quality.


How often do we pause to consider the question? And what is our answer? In the labor that we do, is there eternal profit? Is our heart focused on glorifying God and exalting Him to others? “Only one life, ‘twill soon be passed; only what’s done for Christ will last.”


This verse does not mean to live wickedly and foolishly (as verse 17 clarifies) but, “he that feareth God shall come forth of them all.” (vs. 18b) It is possible to position ourselves as righteous and wise apart from the fear of God, but this is never the wisdom and righteousness of God and it will fade away, potentially bringing us harm. It should be “fear God” first, not “be righteous and wise” first.

What book of the Bible are you reading today?

2 comments:

Ryana Lynn said...

1 Samuel 25 and 26. David is on the run. Even though I've read the account many times, I always find myself on the edge of my seat!

Amanda Tero said...

@ Ryana - yes!! I've loved reading through 1 Samuel recently! I'm in 2 Samuel but it's kind of my "side book" that I don't get to everyday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...