Monday, September 18, 2017

Scripture Graphics #57


This is a daily commitment I need to make. Today…do I choose to delight in His Word, or does something temporal steal my delight? Today…do I choose to remember His Word, or do I do my devotions to get it checked off my list and then forget everything I’ve read?




We all face those days when our soul is heavy—but do we solve it with a temporal “band-aid” or ignore it and try to live through it? There is amazing help in God’s Word, yet so often that is the last place we go to for help and strength.


Is this true for me? Do I value God’s Word as much as money? We say, “If we only had $$$” but do we ever say, “If I only apply God’s Word more?” We put effort into saving up for things, but does our effort to hide God’s Word in our heart at all compare?


If we don’t keep God’s testimonies, it’s the same as saying, “Your words really don’t mean much to me.”

What is your favorite verse in Psalm 119?

2 comments:

Liberty Bluebelle said...

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105 =)
Another is Psalm 119:165 "Great peace have they which love thy law, and nothing shall offend them."

=)
Liberty Bluebelle

Amanda Tero said...

@ Liberty - amen! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...