Monday, June 22, 2015

Psalm 119:34-35

Psalm 119:34-35
(34)  Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

How important it is to follow God and His ways with our whole heart! Here, we are encouraged to observe (hedge about, guard, protect, attend to, etc.) God's law with our whole heart. This is not half-way piddling in God's law, but seeking, studying, and applying it - daily - to our lives.
"Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart." (Psalm 119:2)
"With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments." (Psalm 119:10)
(35)  Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.


Psalm 142:3 reminds us, "When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me." God is watching over the path we're trodding and He is offering us the path of His commandments. But until we delight in His commandments, we will not desire to walk in that path.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...