Monday, November 25, 2019

Deadly Deceit | Book Review




After reading “Living Lies,” I was pretty much in love with the nerdy Ryan Frost and knew I had to read his story. In addition, we get the whole reporter-with-a-stigma story with Vivian DeMarco.

Everything with the Watcher…! This was very creative and I enjoyed the bits and pieces that were woven throughout the entire story involving the Watcher. I’ll confess that I was wrong in who I thought the Watcher was, which actually made me enjoy it more.

The characters felt very real, with very real-life struggles. I’m a bit confused where the characters stand spiritually. Ryan definitely claimed to be a Christian from the get-go, but just when I thought maybe Vivian didn’t have a real relationship with God, she had just been mad at Him and was coming to terms with Him again. So yeah, the spiritual plot there was a little fuzzy, but it had a good message about forgiveness and moving on. Not a super strong spiritual plot, but it was there.

Being the non-romantic that I am, I would have preferred the story to be more involved in the mystery/suspense than in their romantic relationship. There was a pretty heavy infatuation line between the two of them. If I’m honest, I liked the last half of the book best, where things heated up with the suspense and their relationship was less obsessive. But I realize that this is me. They did kiss quite a bit and their thoughts often went to the physical attraction side of things.

All in all, it was a good mystery with likeable characters.

*I received this book from the publisher and happily provided my honest review*



About the Book
Independent and tenacious journalist Vivian DeMarco is back in Walton, Georgia, for one reason -- to do her job and get out. When her boss suddenly dies under suspicious circumstances, Vivian's only hope for finding the truth -- and the next big story -- is small-town law enforcement's lanky poster boy, Deputy Ryan Frost. But the deeper they dig, the more twisted the truth becomes. False leads, incriminating emails, and someone called the Watcher force Vivian to fight for answers -- and her life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...