Friday, March 9, 2018

Every Day With Jesus | Review

I have enjoyed the adult devotional books by Charles Stanley, so when I saw this children’s daily devotional available, my interest was piqued.

The book is sturdy, colorful, and attractive. There is one short devotional per page that takes less than five minutes to read.

Each devotional begins with a verse, gives practical application, then ends with a one-sentence prayer and challenge for the day. The devotional covers topics such as trusting God, forgiving others, reading the Bible, believing God, doing the right thing, and more. It is written in a way that is very easy for children to understand.

Personally, I find the devotionals best suited for children 3-5. However, they could very easily be expounded on for children a little older, and lead the way to have good discussion about what various verses and commands mean.

The Scripture verses used are primarily from the International Children’s Bible, and I prefer to stick to the King James (yes, even for children). From the devotions I read, it would be easy to read the verse from my own Bible and the lesson still apply.

*I received this book from Book Look Bloggers and happily provided my honest review*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely book. This would make a great Easter gift and placed in a basket. Thank You for the review.
Marilyn

Amanda Tero said...

@ Marilyn - yes, it would!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...