Monday, December 18, 2017

Scripture Graphics #70


And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any. (Isaiah 44:7-8)
Isaiah is the book that reveals so much of God, Who He is, what He has done, and how that proves He is God. It contrasts pagan idols to the living God and reveals to us portions of the character of God. For the believer, Isaiah is a book that is a blessing to read. Have you considered rereading it recently?


What we believe will directly influence our view of Scripture. If I believed that life didn’t exist until actual birth, verses like this wouldn’t make sense. I would discredit the many verses that mention life after conception, but before birth. What we believe directly affects how we read God’s Word.


Only the spotless Lamb of God could do this on our behalf. Reflecting on it should lead us to humble gratitude.


For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. (Isaiah 55:10-11)
When we take part in distributing God’s Word, do we leave the results completely up to Him, or do we define what a “successful harvest” looks like? God’s Word accomplishes what He pleases; it prospers in the thing where He sent it. Not us.


What is your favorite verse from Isaiah?

3 comments:

Ryana Lynn said...

I love Isaiah 53:5!

CutePolarBear said...

Wow, that first part of Isaiah 53 have really been popping up everywhere in my life! My family is memorizing the first verses during dinnertime, and it's been other places, too.

CutePolarBear

Amanda Tero said...

@ Ryana - great verse!

@ CutePolarBear - that's wonderful! I've not memorized it yet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...