Monday, August 17, 2015

Psalm 119:53-56

Psalm 119:53-56
(53)  Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law.

What is our response when others forsake God's law? Do we have a feeling of horror (glow, consuming)? or do we "let it slip?" The more we love God's law, the more we'll desire to see others follow it. "They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them." (Proverbs 28:4)

(54)  Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.

"Pilgrimage" gives the idea of temporary abode. "This world is not my home, I'm just a-passing through." As we journey, what is the song on our lips? Do we love God's Word so much that we're willing to sing it so that we may better know it and be reminded of it?

(55)  I have remembered thy name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept thy law.

What do we do at night? At night is when our thoughts tend to wander, our "daydreams" happen, our fears come. But as the believer, what should our nighttime activity be?
"But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night." (Psalm 1:2)
"Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life." (Psalm 42:8)
"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches." (Psalm 63:6)

To keep God's law at night, be must meditate upon it at night.

(56)  This I had, because I kept thy precepts.

To remember God's Name at night and keep His law will not happen automatically. Instead, it happens because we have determined to keep God's precepts in everyday living. What am I missing because I'm not keeping all of His precepts?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...