Monday, August 3, 2015

Psalm 119:49

Psalm 119:49
(49)  Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope.

We can hope in God's promises:
"My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word." (Psalms 119:81)

"Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word." (Psalms 119:114)

"Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope."  (Psalms 119:116)

"I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope."  (Psalms 130:5)

"For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;" (Colossians 1:5)


Abraham is a great example of a man who hoped in God's Word and His promises: "He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness." (Romans 4:20-22) He knew that God would remember His promises to His servant. And he did not stagger in his faith. Do I believe God's promises so much that my faith is unwavering?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...