Saturday, July 7, 2018

10 Minutes in the Word: Psalms | Book Review


After reviewing the Proverbs 10 Minutes in the Word, I knew I wanted to get my hands on the Psalms version. This one is formatted slightly differently, because there are so many Psalms. Most of the time, you have to read 3-4 Psalms per devotional. Because of this, I realize that it is harder to get a specific theme from the Psalms than it is from the Proverbs. Perhaps it’s because I’m not as emotional a person, but I found the devotionals to be more along the lines of, “Life is terrible, but God is good; rest in God.” There is nothing wrong with this message, but I would finish reading the assigned Psalms, be reflecting on the mighty power of God displayed in those Psalms, then read the devotional, where it put the focus on daily struggles and trouble. Because I know that many people read the Psalms this way, I’m not faulting the devotional. It just wasn’t quite the same outlook I take on the Psalms. At the same time, I cannot say that the studies are unbiblical at all. They go through the history of the writers of the Psalms, which I found was interesting.

Like I said with the Proverbs study booklet, I love the actual book. The book is a perfect size, of good quality, and the prayers and thought-notes are very helpful. So, while I liked the Proverbs book more, I definitely recommend this book as well.

*I received this book from Book Look Bloggers and happily provided my honest review*


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...