Monday, March 21, 2016

Biblically Speaking - Prayers of the Rebellious

Part 19 in my study on what is abomination in the sight of God.

Recap:
Many believers have fallen into accepting that which is abomination in the sight of God. Unless we study God's Word to learn His Mind on what is abominable, how will we know to purge ourselves from abomination? Lord willing, I will be posting the fruits of my study on the word "abomination," but feel free to leap ahead of me and study it for yourself. What is an abomination to God?




The Prayers of Rebellious
Proverbs 28:9 - He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.


This goes along with Psalm 66:18, If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: We cannot live however we please and expect God to hear our prayers. 1 Peter 3:12 guarantees, For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. God, being the just and holy Savior that He is, cannot mar His purity by looking on and condoning our sin. One cannot rebel against the Lord and expect Him to hear our prayer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...