Friday, June 14, 2019

Ozark Mountain Motorcars | Book Review




This book is a really neat concept: taking historical trains and their stories and turning them into fictional personalities. It seems like just the book for boys who are fascinated with trains. Though, I would have probably loved it as a child too, so not just limited to boys.

Though this appears to be a children’s book, there are a lot of words on each page—so it would be a bit much for a young reader. This is a neutral book. Nothing too scary mentioned to frighten children. 
And it holds enough terminology (which has a glossary) to make the reader want to know just a little more about real train language.

The illustrations are nice and add a personal flavor to the story. I’ve never read or watched Thomas the Train, but from what I’ve seen, this made me think of Thomas.

It was cool to discover that the author himself is just a teen. He’s got a great start on the writing journey.

The main negative I found was that after one reading, the cover flipped out. That has more to do with the printer than the author, though.

*I received this book from Book Crash Bloggers and happily provided my honest review*

Read more about this series at Great Railroad Series.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...