Monday, April 24, 2017

Scripture Graphics #36

Reading Psalm 31 this morning blessed my heart. These are just a few of the beautiful verses -- I encourage you to read the whole Psalm. "In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: ... For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me. ... But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand: ... Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!" Psalm 31:1, 3, 14-15a, 19


In our age of Christianity, have we become slothful in our luxuries? Bible lessons are spoon-fed to us -- but do we study God's Word for ourselves? We can access Scripture on almost any device when we need it -- but do we memorize and hide it in our hearts? We live in freedom -- but do we abuse it with living carelessly? Are these reasons why Christianity often appears little different from the world?

"And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation....I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people....And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long." Psalm 35:9, 18, 28
What begins in our heart will overflow into our speech. If we are not joyful in the Lord and praising Him in our hearts, how can we expect the overflow of our lips to be thanksgiving and praise? If we are not giving thanks and praise verbally, then let us search our hearts: are our hearts praising God?

What's a verse you read this week?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...