Friday, May 15, 2015

The Second Serving of Coffee Cake

Tonight I am working on "Coffee Cake Days" - at least trying to get a few paragraphs jotted down tonight.

Here are two passages that have influenced the lesson in "Coffee Cake Days:"

"And when the day began to wear away, then came the twelve, and said unto him, Send the multitude away, that they may go into the towns and country round about, and lodge, and get victuals: for we are here in a desert place. But he said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they said, We have no more but five loaves and two fishes; except we should go and buy meat for all this people." (Luke 9:12-13)

" And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it." (Luke 9:23-24)

What are some verses that have influenced you this week?


3 comments:

Rebekah @ Heritage of Grace said...

I just finished Isaiah awhile ago, and I liked several verses:

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness (Isaiah 61:10a)

I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord
And the praises of the Lord,
According to all that the Lord has bestowed on us,
And the great goodness toward the house of Israel,
Which He has bestowed on them according to His mercies,
According to the multitude of His lovingkindnesses (Isaiah 63:7)

Rebekah @ Heritage of Grace said...

When you see this, your heart shall rejoice,
And your bones shall flourish like grass;
The hand of the Lord shall be known to His servants,
And His indignation to His enemies.
For behold, the Lord will come with fire
And with His chariots, like a whirlwind,
To render His anger with fury,
And His rebuke with flames of fire.
For by fire and by His sword
The Lord will judge all flesh;
And the slain of the Lord shall be many. (Isaiah 66:14-16)

I love the imagery in this passage, and how it speaks of the Lord's vengeance on behalf of Israel and His children, and how righteous believers will rejoice in that day!

Amanda Tero said...

@ Rebekah,

Thanks for sharing the passages! I love the part, "My soul shall be joyful in the Lord." Such beauty in these passages!

~Amanda

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...