Saturday, January 31, 2015

Thoughts of Love . . .

I've never been much of a Valentine's Day fan (and no, it's not because I'm "still single" :)). However, one of my friends asked me about doing a little graphic design for her to put on her FaceBook page for February. We began discussing how important it is to focus not on temporal love, but on God's love for us. I asked my friends for verses on "love" (there are SO many beautiful verses to choose from!). Here are some of the verses that they suggested.

(Note: the quality of these are very low; as an Etsy download, the quality is full resolution)

On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/220753399/charity-the-greatest-of-these-digital?ref=shop_home_active_7


On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/220753629/love-of-god-digital-download-for?ref=shop_home_active_6


On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/220753426/love-in-word-and-deed-digital-download?ref=shop_home_active_5


On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/220753781/because-he-first-loved-us-digital?ref=shop_home_active_4


On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/220753620/because-he-first-loved-us-digital?ref=shop_home_active_3


On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/220753985/god-commendeth-his-love-digital-download?ref=shop_home_active_2


On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/220754075/nothing-shall-separate-from-the-love-of?ref=shop_home_active_1


~*~*~
"But God commendeth His love for us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

6 comments:

HisPrincessWarrior said...

tee hee! I know I've already said this (repeatedly) but I think this is a super great idea/outlet for your creative abilities and my favorite one is the Romans 8 one :) Great Job!

Amanda Tero said...

@ Katie,

Laugh. Out. Loud!!! :D Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and encouragement through Etsy, email, and now comments. ;) I'm looking forward to what the Lord may have in store!

~Amanda

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
(Ephesians 4:22-24)

Rebekah said...

Sorry, didn't get the chance to participate in anything. I like the Romans 8 one and the 1 John one! Good idea to put them on etsy!

Amanda Tero said...

Thanks, Becky!

Oh, I imagine there will be time in the future to participate. :) I'm already itching to try my hand at other designs. ;)

~Amanda

Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
(Colossians 4:6)

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda~

All of these are beautiful, Amanda; it's neat to see all the avenues God is providing for you to hone this skill!!

My top favorites were 1 Corinthians 13:13, 1 John 5:16 and 1 John 3:18. What drew me to the 1 John ones were the nature scenes (especially like the soft, faded look) and the rustic touch in 1 John 5:16.
For 1 Corinthians 13:13, I think the words in the background are very elegant. Also love the font and the soft, airy pink tones.

There's my two cents worth. :) I really enjoy seeing your new projects; keep up the beautiful work, my friend!!

~ Kenzi

Amanda Tero said...

@ Kenzi,

Thank you so much! It was fun to try different styles. Thanks for your encouragement! :)

~Amanda

"For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken." Proverbs 3:26

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...