Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Word Wednesdays #4

"I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness: 
and will sing praise to the Name of the Lord most high." 
(Psalm 7:17)

"Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised . . ." 
(Psalm 48:1)

"According to Thy Name, O God, so is Thy praise 
unto the ends of the earth:" 
(Psalm 48:10)


The basis of our praise: according to His righteousness, according to His greatness, according to His Name. It is not "according to my circumstances." Why then do I praise Him so little?


Share a verse that God has given you today or copy the button if you'd like to join in Word Wednesdays with your blog!
 
 


3 comments:

Patience Bledsoe said...

"It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him."
-Lamentations 3:22-25

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." - 1 John 4:10

Thank you very much for sharing, Amanda! :)

Love you!
-Patience

Amanda Tero said...

Sometimes, you just get a word stuck in your mind. The word recently, has been "Faithful" -- God is so faithful, as Lamentations 3:22-25 express so truly!

Both of the verses that you shared with me are some of my favorites (yes, I guess I do have a long list . . .) and are ones that God has allowed me to memorize!

Thanks for sharing!
~Amanda

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

Patience Bledsoe said...

Amen!!

I have a rather long list too. :) Praise the Lord! Kenzi and I are currently memorizing 1 John 4:10-12; it's our last love passage. :)

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...