Thursday, March 19, 2020

Chasing the White Lion | Book Review


About the Book
Young CIA officer Talia Inger has reconciled with the man who assassinated her father, but that doesn't mean she wants him hovering over her every move and unearthing the painful past she's trying to put behind her. Still, she'll need him--and the help of his star grifter, Valkyrie--if she hopes to infiltrate the Jungle, the first ever crowdsourced crime syndicate, to rescue a group of kidnapped refugee children.

But as Talia and her elite team of thieves con their way into the heart of the Jungle, inching ever closer to syndicate boss the White Lion, she'll run right up against the ragged edge of her family's dark past. In this game of cat and mouse, it's win . . . or die. And in times like that, it's always good to have someone watching your back.

Former tactical deception officer and stealth pilot James Hannibal takes you deep undercover into the criminal underworld where everyone has an angle and no one escapes unscathed.

My Review
Book two was just as engaging and intriguing as book one--actually, I think I can honestly say that I enjoyed it more than book one. I’m loving these characters! They are all so diverse and yes, entertaining.

Like I said for book one (which you MUST read before this one!), this is an adventure-driven book that takes you all around the world. The situations are surreal, but so cool that I loved each and every point of the plot. I have never read "Hunger Games," but from what little I know about it, this book definitely had some "Hunger Games" hints toward the end.

The faith message was stronger and more prevalent in this book, which I appreciated. I found the salvation message presented was very... unique. It dealt with repentance and trust, but it was totally in a conversation that related to a criminal. That was very interesting.

There is a little progress in the romance field. Nothing super conclusive yet, but leading there. And I’ll admit, I kind of like where it’s hinting at!

*I received this book from the publishers and happily gave my honest review*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...