Thursday, September 12, 2019

Feeling nostalgic...

I've been thinking about this little book a lot lately. 



An author's first "real work" holds a special place in their heart. Sure, a few of my short stories reached the Amazon shelves before this one, but this was the story that really made me believe that I was an actual author, not a hobby writer. I learned so much while writing and publishing it--lessons that I have applied to every single project I have done since its release. And yes... sometimes I just get nostalgic over it... guess memories do that to you. ;)

What is the book that holds a special place in your heart (this question can apply to both authors and readers, so have at it!)?

4 comments:

Ryana Lynn said...

Well, The Land of Cotton is my first book, but it was my Christmas novella, Coffee Shop Christmas, and my 3rd novel, The Rivers of Sorrow that really made feel like I'm an actual author and that I might be able to actually bless others with my writing. They tend to be peoples favorites and that is such a blessing to me!

Rebekah said...

I have a few that are special to me, but my very first book, "Home Fires of the Great War" is probably the one I would say is extra special. It was my first book. It was the book that made me know I could write stories that others would want to read, and it took me 6 years to write it, so I really felt connected with my characters.

Jewels said...

Over the end of the summer my mom read aloud to me while I finished my paintings and portraits in the evenings. When I was done with my projects we would lay in her bed and take turns reading a few chapters aloud (though she read most) until 12 or 1:00 in the morning. Because of these sweet memories and the fact that the book we read was SO GOOD and well written, I would say that Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin has carved a special place in my heart :)

Amanda Tero said...

@ Ryana - aw, that is such a blessing to hear positive, encouraging feedback from readers! <3 Yes, I think that's more encouraging than selling a lot of copies!

@ Rebekah - wow, yes, after six years, I'd have the hardest time moving on from characters. :) I love hearing that about your book!

@ Jewels - aw, such sweet memories!!! <3 I have enjoyed several books by Lynn Austin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...