Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Of tea parties, music, walks and... a few words...

Last week was a busy week. My mom stayed down in Louisiana to help my grandparents, so I was in essence surrogate mom for the week (on top of teaching piano/violin and other typical week responsibilities). It was a great week--just not one for writing.

Many things seem to be coming at me as a whirlwind, so one day, I just went to the park, walked for about an hour, and called a friend that I hadn't talked to for a few months.


It was my first time at this park, and I think I'm going to definitely be revisiting!

To conclude the week, we had our homeschool tea party. This year was a vintage/retro picnic theme. I had the joy of being photographer for the event, and decided on a fun editing style--kind of bringing back the "old picture" thought.





And then, behind all of that, was writing. Writing last week was hit and miss--and more miss than hit. One thing I did write was a post for blogger Jessica--"A Day in My Life" (visit Jessica's blog)--which was kind of a crazy abnormal day (which... is about every day). It is an interesting thought, though: what is a day in your life like? I'd love to hear!

I had hoped to add 1,000 words in my manuscript ("Protecting the Poor"). Instead, I got 849 (why didn't I calculate that before-hand and write just one more? Anyone else do that?). And, no research for the week. In fact, I returned the library book that I was in the middle of reading, just because I don't see much research time coming up soon. :P

One last update, for those who don't follow me on social media.

From Thursday:

I should be writing. I should be studying. I should be doing many of the things on my to-do list. But sometimes, when my day is busier, all I really need is a little time with the piano. Because so often, time with my piano means time reflecting on beautiful truths and reminders of my Lord and Savior. So maybe, I just really should be on the piano. 

What do you do to refocus?


2 comments:

Alicia G. Ruggieri said...

Love seeing the pictures of the tea party - what a fun quote! :-)
Yes, some weeks are like that... Those times, I have to remind myself that God knows and is in control. <3

Amanda Tero said...

@ Alicia - thank you! And yes, definitely a lot of weeks like those lately!! So glad God is in control!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...