Monday, October 31, 2016

Scripture Graphics 11


If I love God with all my heart, soul, and mind, then should there be any room in my heart, soul, and mind for that which is eternally nothing? Where my heart, soul, and mind has true allegiance is revealed by my actions -- do I push away people and relationships for things of no eternal value?


Though there are many spiritual truths in this passage, it can also be applied to physical talents God gives us. God knows our abilities and what we're able to handle. Our duty is to be faithful to do what He's given us -- whether it's one talent or five, one responsibility or five.


"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay....lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." Matthew 28:6, 20b
Because He lives, we can face today, tomorrow, whatever the future holds!


"So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it; And enquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse." 1 Chronicles 10:13-14
Saul's transgression against God started by him not keeping the word of God. It may seem like making a commitment to be in God's Word and keep God's Word daily doesn't amount to much, but...
"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." (Psalm 119:11)
"Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded." (Proverbs 13:13)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...