Monday, August 31, 2015

Psalm 119:59-60

Psalm 119:59-60
(59)  I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy testimonies.

When was the last time I stopped to really think about my ways? I shouldn't think about them to see if they're "okay" with me, but if they're "okay" with God. And, when I realize that any part of my way was not "okay" with God, do I turn my feet to His testimonies? Do I correct that which is not in line with His Word by then being a doer of the Word and not a hearer only?

Some verses to consider about our ways:
"Doth not he see my ways, and count all my steps?" (Job 31:4)
" I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me." (Psalm 39:1)
"O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!" (Psalm 119:5)
"I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee." (Psalm 119:168)
"Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways." (Psalm 139:3)
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

 (60)  I made haste, and delayed not to keep thy commandments.

Haste - OT:2363 chuwsh (koosh); a primitive root; to hurry; figuratively, to be eager with excitement or enjoyment:

Delayed - OT:4102 mahahh (maw-hah'); apparently a denominative from OT:4100; properly, to question or hesitate, i.e. (by implication) to be reluctant:


To make hast to keep God's commandments gives an idea of hurry. But this hurry isn't because of fear or to "get it done with" but excitement, eagerness, enjoyment! Do I find that attitude towards keeping God's commandments. "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." (1 John 5:3) Grievous: weighty, burdensome, grave - which gives the idea of the "delay" mentions in Psalm 119:60 (question, hesitate, be reluctant). For the child of God, their attitude towards His commands shouldn't be grief or delay, but excited haste!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...