Monday, March 16, 2020

Out of the Embers | Book Review


About the Book
Ten years after her parents were killed, Evelyn Radcliffe is once more homeless. The orphanage that was her refuge and later her workplace has burned to the ground, and only she and a young orphan girl have escaped. Convinced this must be related to her parents' murders, Evelyn flees with the girl to Mesquite Springs in the Texas Hill Country and finds refuge in the home of Wyatt Clark, a talented horse rancher whose plans don't include a family of his own.

At first, Evelyn is a distraction. But when it becomes clear that trouble has followed her to Mesquite Springs, she becomes a full-blown disruption. Can Wyatt keep her safe from the man who wants her dead? And will his own plans become collateral damage?

Suspenseful and sweetly romantic, Out of the Embers is the first in a new series that invites you to the Texas Hill Country in the 1850s, when the West was wild, the men were noble, and the women were strong.

My Review
This was my first time to try Amanda Cabot. It was clean. It was sweet. It was western. And it had a hint of mystery.

Thinking back over the book as a whole, I really can't say what the spiritual plot or message was. They were Christians and prayed (particularly when difficulty arose), but though the MC had to learn to accept safety and trust, it wasn't really a Christian message so much as it was her circumstances that changed. So, I'd have to say it was kind of weak in that area.

The romance would be what most people term as "sweet." It progressed at a moderate pace throughout the book. There were a few kisses, but nothing untoward that I recall.


*I received this book from the publishers and happily provided my honest review*

4 comments:

Victoria said...

I have read a few books by Amanda Cabot but nothing really stood out to me about them. ;P Maybe if your in the mood for a fluffy, clean romance. ;D

Amanda Tero said...

@ Victoria - that's a pretty good way to describe them. My sister calls them "Hallmark Westerns." ;)

Amanda Cabot said...

I really appreciate your taking the time to read and review Out of the Embers. I hadn't heard the term "Hallmark Western," but I like it.

Amanda Tero said...

@ Amanda - thanks for stopping by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...