Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Writing Goals and Blog Break

Last Friday, I posted a life update.


Life has suddenly taken a pretty crazy turn. I'm not only trying to get a whole Algebra book complete before April 23 (or, as much as I can to hopefully test out of remedial math, so I only have to take the one college Algebra required for a music major), but I'm also preparing for recital in May as well as teaching piano and violin and somewhere, in the midst of all that, dreaming about getting "Quest for Leviathan" published and "Protecting the Poor" written.

So... 
I'm going to get off pretty much all social media platforms for a month or so. Since I won't be updating my blog with regular writing progress, I'll just mention the goals I hope to accomplish in the next few months.

My main goal is to get "Quest for Leviathan" published! I have gotten the illustrations from my illustrator, and have reminded my final editor (aka, Mom) that the story is in her hands (my fault as much as hers that she forgot).






I would love to have it ready to hit the shelves for July.
Also for July, I want to get this other short story edited and published:


Yes, I've kind of forgotten about this gem, but my beta-readers have gone through it and given me wonderful feed-back. I just need to polish her up some.

And added to all of that is "Protecting the Poor," which I still haven't completely finished a draft for. I wrote about 75% of a first draft then decided to go back and change the beginning... and that is where I am still working. The first half of the 75% of the story.

So, those are my hopes and goals for the next few months in writing. At the same time, I realize that writing may need to go a little more on the back burner than usual, so I can't promise that these stories will be done in that time frame. I would really appreciate your prayers as I work through this season of life and find the balance that I need!

Farewell for now! I'd still love to stay in touch, so shoot me an email at
amandaterobooks(at)gmail(dot)com if you'd like!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!!

~Katja L.

Lauren C said...

I'm looking forward to reading Quest for Leviathan! I like the cover btw! Praying for you :)

Amanda Tero said...

Thanks for the prayers, Katja and Lauren!

I hope to share it with readers soon, Lauren! I'm glad you like the cover. :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...