Monday, April 13, 2015

Psalm 119:1-4

Last year, the Lord allowed me to study through Psalm 119. I love the longest chapter in God's Word and learned so much through it! One of my friends encouraged me to share it on my blog, so in the next few months, I'll be posting some of the gleanings that God gave me in this chapter!

Psalm 119:1-4 
 (1)  Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

We are all walking in a way, but which way it is?
Does God's law guide my every step? Many people think that it is only bondage to walk in God's Word - but according to Psalm 119:1, we will be blessed (happy) when we uprightly walk in God's law.

(2)  Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

To find true happiness, we must keep God's testimonies and seek Him - not partially or some of the time, but with all of our being, all of the time.

(3)  They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.

There is a close connection between walking in God's ways and not doing iniquity. It is impossible to walk in God's ways and do evil. Either we are walking in God's ways and doing good or we are not walking in God's ways and doing evil. Proverbs 2:13 reminds us, "Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness;" We must leave the path of uprightness to walk in darkness.

(4)  Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.

This is not just a suggestion - it is a direct command from God: if we are His, then we are to keep His precepts. We are not to loosely hold them, but to keep them diligently (gives the idea of immediately, completely).

(1)  Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
(2)  Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
(3)  They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
(4)  Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.


What is my walk like? Does my walk line up with God's law and His ways? The only way I know is if I am seeking Him and keeping His testimonies and precepts. I cannot do this by "happenstance" - I must be actively searching God's Word so that I know what His ways are. If I don't know His ways, how can I walk in them?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...