Monday, January 27, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

This is late in coming, but the first Sunday of 2014, Bro. Tom (http://gbczachary.com/index.php) preached an amazing sermon about new year's resolutions that I wanted to share.

1) I will read and meditate on God's Word so I will not allow my heart to deceive me or lead me to idols ("Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." Proverbs 4:23)

2) I will give the Holy Spirit rule over my words ("Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee." Proverbs 4:24)

3) I will keep my eyes on Jesus and not allow myself to be distracted ("Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee." Proverbs 4:25)

4) I will test all of my actions against the ultimate goal of pleasing God ("Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established." Proverbs 4:26)

5) I will end the year as I began it: a servant of Christ ("Turn not to the right hand nor to the left:" Proverbs 4:27a)

6) I will grow in personal holiness (". . . remove thy foot from evil." Proverbs 4:27b)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...