Friday, August 24, 2012

Verse 34 of 52!!!

This week, I am memorizing Hebrews 13:5.
Let your conversation be without covetousness; 
and be content with such things as ye have: 
for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.


Recently, I have been talking to several girls about contentment, waiting for marriage, etc. This verse is one that I believe fits in SO well!!! We are to live our lives without covetousness (coveting a married life, a husband, children). We are to be content with what we have where we have it (our parents, our siblings, our singleness, our home). But how can we be content and live without covetousness? The last phrase explains it: Jesus Christ is all we will ever need! He will never leave or forsake us!!! When I really think about that, I sometimes wonder how I could be discontent!

. . . on this subject, check in during the next two weeks as I will be sharing a couple of articles that I wrote specifically for single girls. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!

I'm looking forward to the articles, Amanda!

With love,
Patience

prc(at)calicoacres(dot)com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...