Tuesday, January 7, 2020

End Game | Book Review


Happy release day to...



About the Book
When elite members of the military are murdered on the streets of Washington, DC, FBI Special Agent Bailey Ryan and NCIS Special Agent Marco Agostini must work together to bring the perpetrator to justice. Unfortunately, all evidence points to a Navy SEAL sniper whom Bailey refuses to believe is guilty.

When Bailey and Marco start to connect the dots between the victims, including a link to a powerful defense contractor, they wonder if there's a deeper cover-up at play. Then Bailey is targeted, and it becomes clear that someone is willing to kill to keep their dark secrets.

With the stakes getting higher by the moment in a twisted conspiracy, there's a rush against the clock to determine whom they can really trust. As allies turn to enemies, the biggest secret yet to be uncovered could be the end of all of them.

Purchase on Amazon.

My Review
I really wanted to like this book, but it just wasn’t for me. I love Christian suspense and have enjoyed some of Rachel Dylan’s books, but this was missing a few pieces for my full enjoyment.

But first… I did like the actual mystery. I couldn’t exactly untangle it myself, so I liked that. Also, the author didn’t end it like she has concluded several of her other books, so I enjoyed the variance there. The different layers of who-did-what were very intriguing and I liked watching everything unravel.

The Christian thread about trusting God rather than circumstance was nicely woven in the story and I think people who have lost loved ones and struggle to open their hearts again could benefit from this theme.

Overall, the writing was rather wooden to me, which is sad, because the actual plot had a lot of depth and potential. I felt like I was told everything rather than being able to experience it for myself. Even in the romance, I didn’t feel the chemistry between characters—they just always said they were falling quickly.

I really don’t intend to be harsh in reviewing this, but I primarily read it to see “whodunit” in the end rather than soaking in the story as it was happening, and I dislike reading in that fashion.

*I received this book from the author and provided my honest review*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...