Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas - Who Are We?

With Christmas upon us, many of our thoughts are turned to Jesus Christ and His birth. The other day, I began reading through Matthew again and as I read chapters 1-2, I began to wonder which of those involved with Christ's birth I am most like?


~Am I like Joseph, who exercised faith in the impossible, esteemed all that God said as complete truth, and obeyed God even in hard circumstances? (Matthew 1:18-25)

~Am I like Mary, who fully embraced God's will for her life, taking God at His Word? (Luke 1:26-38) Who displayed humility in her adoration to God - no pride that she was chosen to mother God's Holy Son? (Luke 1:46-55)

~Am I like the shepherds, who accepted God's interruption in their daily tasks and obeyed? (Luke 2:8-15) Who shared Jesus' birth with others? (Luke 2:17)

~Am I like Simeon, who was waiting for the coming of Jesus? (Luke 2:25-35)

~Am I like Anna, who shared Jesus with those around her? (Luke 2:36-38)

~Am I like the wise men, who followed God in full faith even in their limited revelation? Who desired to worship God and were sensitive to His leading? (Matthew 2:1-12)

~Am I like the scribes, who knew well the Scriptures in their head, but were far from knowing the truth in their hearts? (Matthew 2:4-6)


~Am I like Herod, who sought answers from the Scriptures - not because he desired to follow God but desired to follow his plan and fleshly purposes? (Matthew 2:1-8)


2 comments:

HisPrincessWarrior said...

This was a really good post, Amanda. <3 Thought provoking <3

Amanda Tero said...

Thanks, Katie, and praise the Lord!!!!
~Amanda

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...