Saturday, September 15, 2012

Verses 36/37 of 52!!!

Last week, I memorized Philippians 4:8. It is a verse that I kinda knew, but always got the order mixed up. So I dove into it determined, by God's help, to learn the correct order of pure, true, honest, etc. :)

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

This verse has been one that I've "known" for years and years. But as I memorized it, one little part stuck out to me: "whatsoever things are of good report." I imagined myself, at the end of the day, standing before God saying, "Father, here is the report of my thoughts today . . ." Wow!!! How often would I be able to give a "good report?"

~*~*~

This week, I memorized Romans 12:4-6. I would like to completely memorize Romans 12 and already had verses 1-3 memorized.

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 
So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one member one of another. 
Having then gifts differing according to the grace given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophecy according to the proportion of faith;" 
Romans 12:4-6


The ability to memorize God's Word is such a blessing! I am grateful for all of the verses that God has allowed me to store in my heart.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...