Saturday, June 9, 2012

Verse 23 of 52!!!

This week, my verse was Psalm 4:5:
"Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord."


This verse has really spoken a lot to me in the past few days. 

The first phrase: "Offer the sacrifices of righteousness." When the word "sacrifice" comes up, my mind generally races to the Old Testament times of killing a lamb. However, a sacrifice is giving up - sometimes it could be as simple as giving up my self-perceived rights, giving up my time, or giving up my desires.

The second phrase, "And put your trust in the Lord." Over and over in God's Word the word "trust" appears. Where am I placing my trust? In things that change? In the vain help of man? Or am I truly placing my trust in Jesus Christ - looking to Him for my Refuge and present help in time of trouble?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...