Saturday, February 11, 2012

Verse 6 of 52!

This week's verse is Romans 5:16,

"And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift; for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offenses unto justification."



I cannot lie. Last week, I memorized another verse because I had a very difficult time committing this one to memory!!! After much prayer and much review, God allowed me to get this one down.

Memorizing verses is so neat! When you read different verses, sometimes the meaning pops out to you, but when you're memorizing them, you almost have to understand them in order to really memorize them. Then, after you have them memorized, you can pull them out at any time and meditate on them - and learn new truths from them.

That is basically what happened with Romans 5:16. To get the full meaning, I had to review Romans 5:15 (“But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one, many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, hath abounded unto many.”). Then, as I continued to memorize, the beauty of the difference from being judged to being justified really stuck out to me. How grateful I am for God's salvation!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...